What is Teacher/Student Connection Time?
- Teachers available for questions through phone, Google Classroom, or Remind.
- Teachers available for small group learning in Google Meets.
- Specialist (Special Education, Title Reading, English Language Development) will be available for small group learning.
- Specialists will contact families individually.
What are the Video Lessons & Assignments?
- All recorded lessons will be posted on Monday mornings in each teacher’s Google Classrooms.
- The assignment for this recorded video will be on Google Classroom and in the Supplemental Learning Packet.
- Here is an option for how to work through the video lessons and assignments:
- Monday: Writing/English Language Development
- Tuesday: Reading
- Wednesday Math
- Thursday: Reading
- Friday: Science
What is the Live Class Meeting?
- Teachers will hold a live class meeting online through Google Classroom.
- The focus of this time will be on building connections and strengthening relationships between students, their classmates, and their teacher.
What is Supplemental Education?
- Paper packets that are delivered on the school bus with meals on Monday and available the rest of the week at Newport MS meal times 12P-1P.
- The learning activities in the packet connects with the video lessons.
What is Nutrition and Wellness Needs?
- The district continues to deliver three meals a day via bus routes and pick up at Newport Middle School between 12P – 1P. Here are the bus route schedules.
- Ideas for wellness activities can be found in the Supplemental Education packets.
Is my student expected to be in a “live” class each day?
- Video lessons and assignments will be posted on Monday for the week.
- Students may watch the video lessons and complete the assignments at their own pace.
- We would love to see students in a “live” Google Meets at least once a week.
Is my student supposed to do all the work on Monday?
- All video lessons and assignments will be posted each Monday for your student to complete at their own pace throughout the week.
How much time should my student spend on school work each day?
- Students should spend around 30 – 45 minutes a day on the video lessons and assignments.
- Teachers will be available for small group instruction for 30 – 45 mins a day during Student Connection times.
- Students should spend an addition 2 – 3 hours a day on supplemental learning.
- Packets are available.
How does my student turn in school work?
- Some work can be completed on Google Classroom and submitted that way.
- Pictures of work can be posted to Google Classroom as well or sent to the teacher via Remind.